Taxidermy Secret Santa 2015
- Post up a journal with 10 things you'd like for Christmas. We suggest at least 5 of these be taxidermy related
- Make sure to try and send other people gifts, even just sending card is nice!
- Asking for non-taxidermy items is fine, but if you don't want any this might be the wrong SS for you.
- Please include your address on the journal or a way for people to contact you to get your address to send the gift.
- Others can join in the fun at TaxidermySecretSanta
- I love skulls of course! Any of them really, in any condition. I value every species, I love seeing the differences heh. There's many I don't have that are common in other countries or states (I live in Maine). Ex: armadillo, opossum, badger, mustelids, bats, marsupials (common for Australia anyway), non-whitetailed deer, etc. etc.
Specifically I'd adore a dik-dik skull.. or some other small hooved animal.
Just a note, I don't really use random bones and I find a lot of them ahah...
- I think roe deer antlers are very cool! I know those are common in other countries. Any antlers, even a skull cap. I'd love a full skull but I wouldn't expect that haha. Of course any antlers are cool.
- Tanned deer tails, I've been wanting one of those. (can you tell I like deer?) Coyote fur scraps would be great, especially something including the ears. Or any tail or pelt, possums and skunks are adorable.
- Bird bits! US ones are illegal, so that would be really cool because I'd like to make jewelry with them. Feathers especially, but also feet and skulls. Whole bird taxidermy would be amazing!
- Other things like teeth or claws! Badger or other big claws would be nice. As well as cervid(deer) incisors. Again, jewelry making. Preserved insects (I like spiders and scorpions) or other random things would be interesting!
- Mountable pelt, or whole disarticulated skeleton. Also grey squirrel form/eyes and tanning supplies xD (I have a dead squirrel). I definitely don't expect these but it would be an awesome project!
- I also collect rocks/gems and fossils! I love them actually but often don't have a place to get new ones. I also collect antique bottles, particularly medicine bottles or ones with stoppers. Even coins from other countries.
- Sweets and tea! I'd love to try things from other countries.
- Art supplies! I'm a traditional artist who will try just about anything. I'd definitely use acrylic paint, small brushes, ink/art pens, paper, carving tools... etc.
- Plushies, figures, or whatever relating to: weasels, wolverines, or other mustelids, dinosaurs (especially pterosaurs), Deer, Pokemon, HTTYD, Ghibli things, Legend of Zelda
PO Box 1006
Houlton, Maine 04730