A completely redone version of this: <da:thumb id="290928393"> (Okay linking is apparently messed up, but it's in my gallery on the 2nd page of the folder "skulls and bones".)
This is the same skeleton. The old one was done with hot glue and a single wire. If you've never articulated a skeleton, don't ever use hot glue. Over time the smaller pieces just fell apart basically. This time I tried to do it right, by using better glue and drilling wires where it needed extra support. As you can see it can support itself completely. I'm not sure how it will hold up over time, but I'm sure it'll be stronger than the old one.
Also, for some reason the old skeleton is the 2nd result in google images when searching raccoon skeleton. I made many mistakes (mostly with construction though), so it just goes to show that you can't always trust any old skeleton on google images for a reference. One big anatomical mistake I made was with the metacarpals. They don't bend that far. I probably made the mistake because raccoon paws are so handlike, so I put the metacarpals flat on the ground like a human hand. Only the toes should be flat on the ground like that, which I fixed. I saw other skeleton pictures with this mistake too. Don't get me wrong, this is far from perfect. But it's still a lot better.
You might've noticed that she's recovered a leg. That was "donated" from a different racoon skeleton I found, along with some other missing bones. There's still no carpals, because I just didn't find enough.